Bovington Tank Museum
Take a step back in time and discover how Christmas was celebrated during the two world wars and beyond!
Celebrate Christmas on the Home Front, make wartime Christmas decorations, enjoy a variety of activities, traditional carols and music, meet Father Christmas and sample wartime Christmas foods as the Brass Band plays and the choir sings…
Then enjoy our indoor Christmas Market; with over 70 traders offering local crafts and produce with Christmas treats and gift ideas for all.
- Meet Father Christmas and see him arrive by tank!
- Extensive Christmas market with over 70 stalls
- Join in the Blitz Buddies 1940’s Christmas party!
- Living history – Christmas on the front line
- Meet the Home Guard
- Interactive Home Front talks: “Make do & Mend”, “Women’s Land Army” and more
- The Tank Museum Volunteer Modellers
- Professional Face Painting from Diamond Faces
They will be attending the weekend, displaying some of their military models and will be looking forward to passing on their modelling tips.